As a reminder, all coaches who put skaters on the ice for test sessions are required to meet the USFS requirements.
The South Bay FSC test sessions are scheduled as volunteer judges are available, ice time is available based on hockey schedule, and completed test forms warrant. If there are not enough tests to include in one session or judges are not available, the test chair will not schedule a test session. Thank you for your understanding.
If you wish to test in the future, please review the South Bay FSC testing policy, download and follow the instructions on the test forms.
Also some information about rules, testing, guidelines and other Ice skating resources for skaters.
South Bay FSC Testing Policy (Rev. 12/1/2013)
Due to the large quantity of test requests and limited ice time and judge availability, the South Bay FSC is implementing a more formal test request policy. Please note the following guidelines:
An effort will be made to schedule ice time for tests each month, but at least every other month. Test sessions will be on Sundays whenever possible, but may at times be held on Thursday evening during Club Session.
- The testing schedule is dependent on the hockey schedule. Test dates and times will be posted on the South Bay FSC website, www.southbayfsc.org or www.southbayfsc.com as soon as ice time is confirmed.
- Make sure the forms are completed in full, including desired month for the requested test, coach’s signature, contact information, and type of test requested.
- Completed forms must be submitted with all appropriate test fees, including the $10 HOSPITALITY FEE. This covers refreshments for the judges and test volunteers. No test will be scheduled without payment first.
- Test applications will be processed in the order received. Requested test date may not be available due to limited ice time or judge availability. Requests received after the roster has been filled will be charged an additional $30 late entry fee OR will be postponed to the next available test date.
- Requests received after a panel of judges has been confirmed may be rescheduled to the next test date, if the confirmed panel is not the appropriate judging level.
- NO REFUNDS will be given for tests cancelled less than 7 days prior to the test, unless accompanied by a doctor’s note showing proof of illness, injury or accident. If the skater is not ready for test do NOT submit form.
- Fees for tests postponed due to insufficient ice time or judge availability will not be charged until the test makes it to the roster, and the correct level panel of judges is available.
- Test sessions with fewer than 10 skaters, 10 days out from the test date may be rescheduled to a later date.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Second Club Policy for Home Club Members
10/14/2018 - South Bay Figure Skating Club (SBFSC) is renewing the policy to give Home Club Members a one-time reimbursement for one Second Club membership in another Club to test in the other Club’s test sessions.
- Forward the EntryEeze receipt from the Second Club;
- In the forwarded email list the name of the test taken by the skater;
- the name of the person to whom the check should be written
- the address to which the check should be mailed.
NOTE: Only one Second Club membership per skater will be reimbursed.